Milestone in the Evolution of Kochi Municipal Corporation
- 1866 - Fort Kochi becomes a Municipality.
- 1986 - Maharaja of Cochin formed sanitary boards for Mattanchery and Ernakulam
- Town councils of Mattanchery and Ernakulam formed.
- The provisions of Madras Town Planning Act 1920 were applicable to Fort Cochin and the Travancore Town Planning Regulations 1108 (M.E). ie 1932 were made applicable to Mattanchery and Ernakulam1952 - Edappally bifurcated - Vennala.
- 1956 - the Elamkulam Panchayat and a portion of Cheranellur Panchayat were amalgamated to the Ernakulam Municipality.
- 1962 - a portion of Pallurathy Panchayat (Mundamveli area) was amalgamated to the then Mattanchery Municipality1st July 1967, Kerala Assembly approved the formation of Cochin Municipaity.
- Nov 1967 - Kochi Municipal Corporation was formed